City of Fresno

Fresno 311

311 is here to serve all constituents professionally, courteously, and responsively. We assist in reporting issues to all departments in the City of Fresno. The mission of the City of Fresno 311 Center is to provide a link for non-emergency communication between the citizens and the City.

FresGO App – To report an issue related to graffiti, illegal dumping, potholes, sidewalk, roadway, landscaping, water, sewer, solid waste, or parking issues, download the FresGO app from the apple or android app store in a quick, easy and trackable way!

Our Purpose

  •   Increase the level of customer satisfaction when contacting the City of Fresno

  • Capture all relevant information relating to citizen inquiries

  • Communicate/escalate issues requiring resolution

  • Provide multi-channel communication paths including telephone, web chat, FresGo application, and

  • Minimize the burden of non-emergency calls taken by emergency service dispatchers.

Hours of Operation

The City of Fresno 311 Center staff is available Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. You may report an issue 24/7 via  3-1-1 or (559) 621-CITY (2489), FresGo app, or by clicking Create a Service Request.

311 Logo
Citizen-Engaged Communities Logo
FresGo Logo

Get the FresGo App for Apple and Android Devices

Apple App Store Button
Google Play Store Button

Seasonal Information

Frequently Asked Questions

Does the City of Fresno provide sand bags to residents?

Sand Bags are not provided by the City of Fresno. You may retrieve sandbags at 9400 N. Matus. It is free of charge. Bring your own shovel! For more information, you may call at (559)299-3818.

Is there a map that indicates when my Operation Clean Up is scheduled?

The City only posts the Operation Clean Up (OCU) schedules for the current month on the website. To get an estimated date for OCU pickup in your neighborhood please call 3-1-1 or (559) 621-CITY (2489) from 8 am to 5 pm to obtain this information or use the Operation Clean Up Look Up Tool on our website; you must have your city utility account number readily available to use this tool.

How do I report that my trash bin(s) were not serviced?

You can report a missed pick up via your FresGo app, by calling (559) 621-6888 and selecting option 1 after you make your initial language selection, or by creating a trash bin service request here.

Are farm animals allowed in the city?

No. Farm animals are not allowed within city limits. If you would like to report a residence that has farm animals at their residence, it may be reported via (559) 621-CITY (2489), FresGo app, or by creating a farm animal service request here.

When will the City tree in front of my residence be trimmed?

With over 400 sections it takes tree crews more than 16 years to trim the entire city one time.

Homeowners may trim away any limbs that can be reached from the ground without the use of a ladder or chainsaw. Pole pruners and loppers are acceptable tools for homeowners to use for pruning trees

If Homeowner wishes to have a tree completely trimmed out of trim cycle, they may do so by obtaining a free permit or by requesting one be mailed to you by calling (559) 621-CITY (2489), or by creating a tree service request here. All costs of the out of scheduled trim are the responsibility of the homeowner.

How long can a vehicle sit on a City street?

A vehicle may be parked on the City street for 72 hours. After 72 hours, it may be reported as abandoned. If there is a vehicle that appears that it may be stolen, you may report it to Fresno Police Department’s non-emergency line at (559) 621-7000.

Does the City of Fresno provide trees to plant?

Unfortunately not at this time. You may request a complementary tree planting permit which will include a list of City approved trees that you may plant.

Does the City of Fresno provide dumpsters?

No. However, the City has non-exclusive roll-off collection agreements with qualified service providers. For information about approved roll-off collection service providers go to To request a special haul through the City of Fresno, please call 3-1-1 or (559) 621-CITY (2489).

Can I retrieve my birth, marriage, or death certificate at City Hall?

No. Please contact the Fresno County Recorder’s office at (559) 600-3476 for more information.

What do I do if there is a dog running at large or a deceased animal?

Contact Fresno Humane Animal Services at (559) 600-7387 (PETS)

Who do I notify about street lights that are not working or that are damaged in the City of Fresno?

Street light issues may be reported via (559) 621-CITY (2489), FresGo app, or by creating a street light service request here. When reporting a street light issue, please ensure that you have the closest address to the pole and/or the pole number to ensure the City can locate the exact light in question.

Quick Links

Caltrans: Report issues regarding the highways.

811: Call Before You Dig.

211: 211 is a 24 hour, 7 days a week help hotline available in 150 languages. By calling 2-1-1 or 1-866-559-4211, you can be connected with over 6,000 resources on everything from immediate food and shelter, no cost childcare, PG&E discount programs and much, much more. If you have a question, 2-1-1 can help you find the answer.

911: Please dial 911 to report any life-threatening emergencies, crimes in progress, or anything posing an immediate hazard to the public

Park Reservations: Reservations for Roeding or Woodward Park.

Household Hazardous Waste: Household Hazardous Waste disposal inquiries.

Create a Service Request

FresGo Quick Reference

Email Us

Contact Us
Call 311