Information Services / About Us
ISD’s mission is to create a technology strategy that will enable the City to meet its objectives and ensures service delivery to residents. This not only includes incorporating new technology, it also ensures that operations are running efficiently and effectively to support the City’s technology needs as most/all City functions require technology to deliver services.
To accomplish this mission, ISD must ensure its operations are performed optimally with minimal disruption, especially during an emergency. ISD provides planning and program guidance to ensure the organization is capable of conducting its essential missions and functions under any and all threats and conditions.
The Department is responsible for enterprise technology solutions that provide information technology (IT) related services to the City of Fresno. These services assist the City and its departments to meet and manage the City’s strategic goals. ISD continues to collaborate and coordinate with outside agencies and City departments to develop operational economic efficiencies and to promote a unified regional technology vision. All regional and interoperability IT efforts are directly managed by ISD. Additionally, ISD is in charge of the IT strategy and the computer systems required to support the City’s enterprise objectives and goals.
The Information Services Department (ISD) is responsible for overseeing the use of Information Technology to support the goals and initiatives of the City of Fresno. ISD will ensure effective and efficient use of existing and emerging technologies in government operations as well as deliver information while safeguarding data. The Department is responsible for essential City functions such as:
- Fresno 3-1-1
- Broadband and 5G
- Internal and external voice communications (including land lines, cell phones, microwave and two-way radios).
- Network connectivity, disk storage, security, data integrity and data backup operations.
- Internet connectivity and security.
- E-Mail Communications.
- Dissemination of essential information to the City and its customers through the City’s website.
- Procuring and maintaining City hardware and software.
- Providing HelpDesk services for IT related issues as well as desktop and server support.
- Enterprise IT Project Management.
- Developing and maintenance of enterprise applications.
- Geographical Information Services (GIS).
- Traffic Operations Center fiber infrastructure and web operations management.
MISAC Excellence Award:
2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017,
2016, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
MISAC President’s Award:
2021, 2020, 2019