Starting April 1, 2020, passengers will be required to self-screen for COVID-19 before they board the bus. Passengers should not board the bus if they have a fever, persistent cough, sore throat, or runny nose. Passengers should also not board the bus if they have had contact or spent time with a suspected or known COVID-19 individual. If passengers meet any of these conditions, they should go home immediately and self-isolate.
FAX & Handy Ride are continuing to operate on a regular schedule during the Shelter in Place time. FAX will follow the advice of Public Health officials and practice social distancing, limiting each bus to a maximum of 10 persons at one time. Please maintain a distance of 6 feet from other people at all times. FAX will use Facebook and Twitter as our primary form of communication is the fastest way to communicate with our passengers during these constantly evolving times. For most up-to-date information, please visit our Facebook page, or visit our Twitter page at “@FresnoFAX”
What can FAX riders do to protect themselves against the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Self-screen for COVID-19 before boarding any buses
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Practice Social Distancing: Stay 6 feet away from others; limit 10 passengers per bus.
- Avoid touching your eyes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 50% alcohol.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, cough into your sleeve.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from other people at all times.
- Use the touchless hand sanitizer dispenser on the buses.
- As you wait for the bus to arrive and as you board the bus, respect the 6-foot distance.
- Be patient with FAX as we implement the 10-person limit per bus.
What is FAX doing about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)?
To help prevent the spread of novel coronavirus, FAX is requiring all passengers to self-screen for COVID-19 before they board the bus; limiting the number of passengers on each bus to 10 people at one time; requesting social distancing of six feet, and wiping down all frequently touched areas in all buses every night. FAX also added touchless hand sanitizers on all buses for our riders. We are reminding our riders and drivers to wash hands frequently, avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth, and avoid close contact with people who are sick. For more information, visit the City of Fresno coronavirus special notice page.