How to Report a Crime
Please confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the Fresno City limits.
- This did not occur on a state freeway.
- This does not involve motor vehicle and/or license plate theft.
- This does not involve a theft from someone unlawfully entering your home.
Types of incidents that can be reported online:
- Custody Order Violation
- Fraud and Identity Theft
- Harassing Phone Calls – excluding threats of imminent harm or death
- Hit & Run – Property damage only
- Lost Property
- Theft – Except motor vehicles and license plates
- Supplemental Property Form – Add additional property to your original case number
- Vandalism – Excluding graffiti
- Vehicle Burglary
Upon completion of this process you will: See the words: “Your report has been submitted” showing that your report is complete. You will also be given a temporary case number and be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records.
Please Note: All cases filed online will be reviewed. Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted. Filing a false police report is a crime.