Concealed Weapons Permit Information
The Fresno Police Department’s Concealed Weapon License Policy was established pursuant to City of Fresno Ordinance No. 95-7 adopted on January 24, 1995, by the Fresno City Council. A copy of the Department’s policy and the California Department of Justice Standard Application for License to Carry a Concealed Weapon (CCW) form is attached. This policy will acquaint you with the application process and the basic requirements for obtaining a concealed weapon permit.
Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW) applicants are subject to the following qualifications:
- (1) The applicant is not a disqualified person to receive such a license, as determined in accordance with the standards set forth in Section 26202.
- (2) The applicant is at least 21 years of age, and presents clear evidence of the person’s identity and age, as defined in Section 16400.
- (3) The applicant is a resident of that city or city and county. Prima facie evidence of residency within the county or a city within the county includes, but is not limited to, the address where the applicant is registered to vote, the applicant’s filing of a homeowner’s property tax exemption, and other acts, occurrences, or events that indicate presence in the county or a city within the county is more than temporary or transient. The presumption of residency in the county or city within the county may be rebutted by satisfactory evidence that the applicant’s primary residence is in another county or city within the county.
- (4) The applicant has completed a course of training as described in Section 26165.
- (5) The applicant is the recorded owner, with the Department of Justice, of the pistol, revolver, or other firearm for which the license will be issued.
The Fresno Police Department’s policy outlines the application process and issuance requirements of a license to carry a concealed firearm.
Click the button below to access Concealed Carry Permit (CCW) information and applications. You can apply for a new application, renewal application or modify your current CCW permit.