The City of Fresno Disability Advisory Commission (DAC) will recognize individuals and organizations in Fresno for excellence in representing, collaborating with or serving individuals with disabilities as part of the celebration of Disability Awareness Month.
Award recipients will be selected from the following three award categories:
- City of Fresno Employee or Department
Award recipients will be recognized for achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Improving the quality of life for individuals with disabilities
- Advocacy for issues pertaining to individuals with disabilities
- Volunteerism that has a positive impact on individuals with disabilities
- Development of new programs or services impacting individuals with disabilities
- Customer service to individuals with disabilities that is above and beyond the standard
- Innovation or Entrepreneurship by an individual with a disability or that has a positive impact on individuals with disabilities
To make a nomination:
- Complete the nomination form below
- Attach letters of support (minimum of two, maximum six)
- Attach a photo of the nominee (optional)
Submit nominations to:
Shannon M. Mulhall, Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator
2600 Fresno Street, Rm 4011
Fresno, CA, 93721
Nominations are due by 5:00 p.m. on August 1, 2018.
For questions or to request this application in an alternative format please contact Shannon M. Mulhall at: (559) 621-8716 (v), (559) 627-8721 (TTY), (559) 457-1051 (FAX) or Shannon.Mulhall@fresno.gov.
Please note that because of open meeting requirements, the application information provided to the DAC will also be made available to the public.
The nomination period will be open from June 1, 2018, through August 1, 2018. Current Commissioners are not eligible to nominate or be nominated for achievement awards however in the case that no nominations are received for a particular category the DAC may select award recipients at their discretion. The DAC will designate a task force to review submissions and select the top two nominees for each category. At the September regular DAC meeting commissioners will vote from the top nominees for the award recipients. Recipients will be honored in conjunction with the proclamation of October as Disability Awareness Month.