Parks, After School, Recreation & Community Services
SENIOR CONNECTION - 621-CITY
Nutrition Program - We are pleased to provide a high quality lunch for senior citizens. Lunch is served Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Suggested donation is $1.50 per meal for seniors 60 years and older, with no senior being denied a meal due to the inability to donate. Those 59 and younger are welcome, but will be charged $3.50 per lunch. The Senior Hot Meals and Recreation Program is funded by a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), City of Fresno General Fund and by the Fresno-Madera Area Agency on Aging (FMAAA).
Site Locations and Hours
- Lafayette Neighborhood Center ~ 1516 E. Princeton Ave. ~ 10a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Mary Ella Brown Community Center ~ 1350 E. Annadale Ave. ~ 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Mosqueda Community Center ~ 4670 E. Butler Ave. ~ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Pinedale Community Center ~ 7170 N. San Pablo Ave. ~ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Senior Citizens Village ~ 1917 S. Chestnut Ave. ~10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Ted C. Wills Community Center ~ 770 N. San Pablo Ave. ~ 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For further information on the Senior Hot Meals and Recreation Program call 559 621-6619
Police Department - The Fresno Police Department
is committed to providing a safe environment for our senior community.
Some of the services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Home Security Inspections
- Citizens on Patrol (COPS)
- Senior Crime Prevention
Police Senior Services Overview - Please call 621-7403 for more information.
Fire Department - The Fresno Fire Department recognizes the reduction of fire deaths is due to properly installed and maintained smoke alarms. At age 65, seniors are twice as likely to be killed or injured by fires, compared to the population at large. Please contact the Fresno Fire Department, Fire Prevention Division at 621-4181 for information regarding the proper maintenance, testing and replacement of inoperative smoke alarms.
Fresno Area Express (FAX) - we offer several services to reduce or eliminate the cost of public transportation for seniors, as well as make these options accessible. Services offered include:
- Seniors Fare - $0.60 fixed-route service at any time for seniors 65 and older with valid ID or Senior 7 card.
- Senior Monthly Pass - Seniors may purchase a monthly pass for only $24.
- COG's Taxi Scrip - Upon application approval, seniors 70 and older may purchase a $20 booklet of taxi scrip, that acts as cash, for a reduced rate of $5.
For information, please call FAX at 621-RIDE (7433)
LINKS TO OTHER SENIOR SERVICES
www.fmaaa.org (Fresno-Madera Area on Aging)
www.aarp.org (American Association of Retired Persons)
www.rsvpfresno.net (Retired Seniors Volunteer Program)
www.fresnocog.org (Handi-Ride Information)
www.samc.com (Saint Agnes Adult Day Health Center)
www.samc.com (Saint Agnes - Club 55 Plus-Senior Activity Program)
www.alz.org (Alzheimer's Association)