Call for Nominations - Disability Advisory Commission Sixth Annual Achievement Award
FRESNO, CA - The City of Fresno Disability Advisory Commission (DAC) is accepting nominations for its 6th Annual Achievement Awards. The DAC will recognize individuals and organizations in Fresno for excellence in representing, collaborating with or serving individuals with disabilities. Recipients will be honored in October 2014, coinciding with Disability Awareness Month.
Award recipients will be selected from the following three award categories:
- City of Fresno Employee or Department
Award recipients will be recognized for achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Improving the quality of life for individuals with disabilities
- Advocacy for issues pertaining to individuals with disabilities
- Volunteerism that has a positive impact on individuals with disabilities
- Development of new programs or services impacting individuals with disabilities
- Customer service to individuals with disabilities that is above and beyond the standard
- Innovation or Entrepreneurship by an individual with a disability or that has a positive impact on individuals with disabilities
Nominations will be accepted through August 12, 2014. Nomination forms are available at the DAC webpage: www.fresno.gov/DAC.
For materials in alternative formats or additional information, contact Shannon Mulhall Simonelli, Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, at: 559-621-8716 (voice), 559-627-8721 (TTY), 559-457-1051 (FAX) or Shannon.Simonelli@fresno.gov.
# # #