City of Fresno Cooling Centers Closed Starting Saturday
– The City of Fresno will close its cooling centers beginning Saturday, July 6. Cooling centers will reopen when the forecasted temperatures are 105 or higher.
On Friday, July 5, cooling centers will be open at the following locations from noon to 8 p.m.:
- Ted C. Wills Community Center, 770 N. San Pablo.
- Frank H. Ball Neighborhood Center, 760 Mayor.
- Mosqueda Community Center, 4670 E. Butler.
- Pinedale Community Center, 7170 N. San Pablo.
In addition, the City’s FAX bus system will provide free transportation along normal routes to and from cooling center sites when the centers are open. To ride free, residents must indicate they are traveling to a cooling center.
Individuals should refer to the FAX schedule to determine the final evening departure time for buses providing service near cooling center locations. The FAX schedule is available on the City’s website here.
The City also will offer free swimming at the following pools when cooling centers are open:
- Airways, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Mosqueda, 1 to 5 p.m.
- Frank H. Ball, 1 to 5 p.m.
- Mary Ella Brown, 1 to 5 p.m.
Pools at Romain, Einstein, Quigley, Fink White and Pinedale are always free for recreational swimming and open from 1 to 5 p.m.
# # #