Cooling Centers in Fresno Open Beginning Friday
– The City of Fresno will open its cooling centers on Friday, July 19, because of temperatures forecast to reach at least 105 degrees. The centers will be open daily from noon to 8 p.m. until further notice.
Cooling centers will be open at the following locations:
- Ted C. Wills Community Center, 770 N. San Pablo.
- Frank H. Ball Neighborhood Center, 760 Mayor.
- Mosqueda Community Center, 4670 E. Butler.
- Pinedale Community Center, 7170 N. San Pablo.
In addition, the City’s FAX bus system will provide free transportation along normal routes to and from cooling center sites when the centers are open. To ride free, residents must indicate they are traveling to a cooling center.
Individuals should refer to the FAX schedule to determine the final evening departure time for buses providing service near cooling center locations. The FAX schedule is available on the City’s website here.
The City also will offer free swimming at the following pools when cooling centers are open:
- Airways, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Mosqueda, 1 to 5 p.m.
- Frank H. Ball, 1 to 5 p.m.
- Mary Ella Brown, 1 to 5 p.m.
Pools at Romain, Einstein, Quigley, Fink White and Pinedale are always free for recreational swimming and open from 1 to 5 p.m.
# # #