Call for Nominations - Disability Advisory Commission Fifth Annual Achievement Award
--The City of Fresno Disability Advisory Commission (DAC) is accepting nominations for its 5th annual Achievement Awards. The DAC will recognize individuals and organizations in Fresno for excellence in representing, collaborating with or serving individuals with disabilities. Recipients will be honored in October 2013, coinciding with Disability Awareness Month.
Award recipients will be selected from the following three award categories:
- City of Fresno Employee or Department
- Award recipients will be recognized for achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Improving the quality of life for individuals with disabilities;
- Advocacy for issues pertaining to individuals with disabilities;
- Volunteerism that has a positive impact on individuals with disabilities;
- Development of new programs or services impacting individuals with disabilities;
- Customer service to individuals with disabilities that is above and beyond the standard;
- Innovation or Entrepreneurship by an individual with a disability or that has a positive impact on individuals with disabilities.
Nominations will be accepted through August 9, 2013. Nomination forms are available at the DAC webpage: www.fresno.gov/DAC
For materials in alternative formats or additional information, contact Shannon M. Simonelli, Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, at: 559-621-8716 (voice), 559-627-8721 (TTY), 559-457-1051 (FAX) or Shannon.Simonelli@fresno.gov
# # #