Travelers Benefit From A New, Expanded Security Screening Checkpoint At Fresno Yosemite International Airport
Fresno Yosemite International Airport announces the completion of the terminal modernization and improvement work with the opening of the new security screening checkpoint. The screening area has been expanded from 576 square feet to over 5,000 square feet to help minimize passenger congestion during peak travel times and accommodate future passenger growth. Additional improvements include:
• Additional seating for post screening convenience
• New LCD flight message and safety monitors
• Expanded entrance and exits to and from security and boarding gate areas
• Three central offices for Transportation Security Administration personnel
The opening of the security checkpoint marks the completion of a 3-year, $17.2 million Airport terminal remodel and expansion projects that include:
• A contemporary terminal lobby remodel with streamlined ticket counter positions, the installation of a state-of-the-art common use technology, innovative electronic signage and messaging, energy efficient lighting, and carpeting throughout.
• An expanded baggage claim area with two t-shaped baggage units doubling the size of the previous baggage claim for improved baggage collection circulation.
• A unique and serene “Sense of Place” public art project featuring a giant Sequoia forest highlighting the newly remodeled terminal as a destination in itself.
• A $27 million Consolidated Rental Car Facility with convenient Ready Return Lots and modernized service facilities enhancing the customer experience and improved air quality.
These efforts will enable Fresno Yosemite to serve the needs of passengers for the next 20 years by continuing to prioritize passenger safety and security, enhancing the passenger experience through efficiency, implementing innovative solutions for environmental sustainability, and celebrating a ‘sense of place’ for the enjoyment of all who fly Fresno.
Eight carriers currently offer Valley passengers approximately 42 daily departures from Fresno. Fresno Yosemite International Airport is an industry leader in terms of cost containment to its partner airlines. FYI is a municipally owned entity operating as a self-supporting enterprise. No City of Fresno general funds are used to operate Fresno Yosemite International or Fresno Chandler Executive Airport.