Traffic Officers to Patrol Friant Road Construction Zone
During the week of July 12-16, the Fresno Police Department traffic officers will be conducting an ongoing operation in the Friant Road area to ensure safety for motorists, pedestrians and work crews during construction activity.
The City of Fresno has contracted A. Teichert & Son, Inc. to complete a major rehabilitation project on Southbound Friant Road from Shepherd Avenue to State Route 41. The scope of work includes reconstruction of the southbound number two and three lanes, overlay of the number one lane, signage, striping, traffic loop detector replacement, and adjustment of utility placements.
Motorists are reminded to slow down in the area, focus on safe driving and follow posted signage. Motorists in the area should plan ahead, leave early, and expect delays. Drivers are required to observe California Vehicle Code regulations,
- Coming to a complete stop at a stop sign or a flashing red traffic signal;
- Obeying posted speed signs and other traffic signage;
- Operating heavy trucks only on designated truck routes;
- Not driving in the designated bike lane;
- Yielding to pedestrians in crosswalks
- Not utilizing a cell phone/texting while driving