Mayor Autry Responds to Water Crisis Proclamation
In swift response to Governor Schwarzenegger’s proclamation yesterday of a statewide drought, the City of Fresno will be implementing Stage I of the Water Shortage Contingency Plan immediately.
Mayor Autry urged the public, “To ensure the City of Fresno will have a reliable water supply now and into the future we must take action and answer the Governor’s call for conservation. Since he has taken office, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has taken swift decisive action whenever our state has been faced with a crisis. This first step in declaring the drought is another example of the strong leadership that has served this state so well. We’re all going to have to work together to make it through this very daunting challenge that threatens not only the economy of the San Joaquin Valley, but the entire State of California as well.”
Stage I Water Reduction - The City of Fresno will:
• Request all customers to voluntarily reduce their water usage by 10%
• Initiate a public information program/media campaign to:
o Notify all customers of the water shortage and the need to conserve water
o Mail information to every customer explaining the importance of significant water use reductions
o Provide practical information to customers on ways to improve water use efficiency
o Publicize and expand the toilet retrofit and low flow fixture programs
• Increase water waste patrols to enforce the provisions of the Fresno Municipal Code
REMINDER - Summer Watering Schedule Extends through November 30th
- Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday for Odd numbered addresses (ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- Wednesday, Friday & Sunday for Even numbered addresses (ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, 8)
- Watering times: 8 AM to 11 AM – 7 PM to 6 AM
No Watering on Mondays. No Watering between: 6AM to 8 AM & 11 AM to 7 PM.