City Takes “Culture Of Excellence” To The Streets
(FRESNO , CA March 21, 2006) – There is a New Normal at City Hall. This new operating system brings life to the City’s Vision of Fresno being a “Culture of Excellence, Where People get the Best Every Day.” The New Normal message will be unveiled on a FAX bus in front of City Hall on Wednesday, March 22, at 1:30pm.
The images on the bus reflect the diverse group of hard working City employees who are committed to the values of accountability, compassion, trust, innovation and teamwork as they serve on behalf of all citizens in the City.
Mayor Alan Autry stated, “As we continue to grow as a City, we have to better equip ourselves to compete for jobs, businesses and economic opportunities with the nation’s premier cities. The New Normal will equip us with the tools to meet that challenge.”
City Manager Andy Souza stated, “As this bus travels throughout the city, the citizens of Fresno will get a better sense of the core values that their government organization is operating under, as well as the diverse, world class workforce it represents.”
Reinforcing the City’s commitment to clean air, a new 2005 Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) bus was appropriately chosen to carry the New Normal bus wrap.
The employees featured on the wrap are:
- Leroy Moore, Public Works Department Officer
- Robert Gonzales, Police Department
- Bob Jensen, General Services Department
- Felix Rubio, Airports
- David Schoenauer, Airports
- Wendi Danyluk, Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department
- Ray Tackett, Public Works Department
- Willie Dixon, Transportation Department
- Beatrice Garretson, Public Utilities Department
- Javier Lara, Fire Department
- Abbie Hyde, Transportation Department
For more information on the City’s New Normal operating system, please contact Rhonda Jorn, Public Affairs Officer at (559) 621-7777.
Andrew T. Souza , City Manager
Contact: Rhonda Jorn, Public Affairs Officer: (559) 621-7777
# # #
Fresno, a culture of excellence where people get the best everyday.