Building A Better Fresno
Thank you for your interest in the City of Fresno Public Works Department. We have 330 colleagues who are committed to Building a Better Fresno. We do this by protecting public safety, supporting economic growth, promoting smart development, and improving the quality of life for all citizens.
In addition, Public Works is the first responder in natural disasters and other emergencies (e.g., storms, flooding, high winds, etc.). Public Works staff is on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, prepared for fast and effective response to protect lives and property.
Fresno is the 5th largest city in California and the 35th largest city in the United States. In serving our 500,000 citizens, our scope of services and responsibilities is vast.
- Maintenance of:
- 3,700 lane miles of streets
- 3,000 linear miles each of sidewalks, curbs and gutter
- 16,000,000 square feet of median island and street-side landscape
- 38,000 streetlights
- 485 signalized intersections
- Inspection and oversight of infrastructure construction
- Project and construction management for City capital projects
- Civil engineering
- Traffic engineering
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Design Services
- Real estate services
- Administration of development impact fees
- Operation of 5 parking garages and 12 surface parking lots
- Citywide parking enforcement
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance for City facilities and infrastructure
- Special projects
My office number is (559) 621-8650, and my e-mail address is email@example.com. I welcome your comments and suggestions, as well as your invitations to speak to community groups and service organizations. Thank you for visiting our website.
Public Works Director