Christmas Tree Recycling
After the holiday season, make sure your Christmas tree does not end up in a landfill. It can serve other useful purposes such as mulch or a compost additive. Recycling Christmas trees in your Green cart helps the City reach our recycling goals and saves landfill space.
Single Family Residential Customers
- Please prepare your Christmas tree for recycling:
- Remove all ornaments, lights, and tinsel.
- Remove the stand.
- Cut the trees into 3 foot lengths or less so our equipment can handle them.
- Place your tree in the Green waste cart for collection.
- For additional information call 621-1452.
Apartments and Commercial Customers
Customers north of Ashlan Avenue contact:
Allied Waste Services of Fresno, 559-275-1551
Customers south of Ashlan Avenue contact:
Mid Valley Disposal, 559-237-9425
If you have additional questions, contact the Solid Waste Management Division at 621-1452.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
Fire Officials warn that it can be dangerous to burn your tree in the fireplace.
Dumping trees in vacant lots is considered littering. There are heavy fines for littering in the City of Fresno.