Fresno Police Department
Identity Theft Other Catagories
The Financial institution or business where an account was established should be able to help you obtain information. The requested information may not be applicable to your particular offense. Provide as much information as possible.
Your report should include all information regarding:
- Business names / Financial Institutions and addresses where accounts activated;
- Dates account activated;
- How was the account activated (in person / internet)?
- Name and addresses used on the application;
- Places of employment or where social security used. Include company name and address and dates used;
- Was all this information used correct?
- Social Security Number used?
- How did you learn about the offense?
- Details how you believe the suspect obtained your number. Was your social security card lost or stolen?
- Any suspect or address information? Any idea who used your information?
- Does anyone else know your personal information?
- Did you give anyone permission to use your social security number?
- Name and phone number of fraud specialist assisting you;
- If the offense is occurring out of State, and your testimony is necessary in person for prosecution, are you willing to travel to assist with prosecution?
- Anything else that you believe is important.
Supporting documents and victim assistance is necessary for the Fresno Police Department to investigate your case. Due to the overwhelming caseload, the Financial Crimes Unit may not even look at your case to determine if your case will be worked unless we get the necessary supporting documents at the Financial Crimes Unit.
form completed, and signed;
Copy of your Drivers License or State issued Identification card;
Supporting documents, such as your Credit Report, letters denying credit, letters from the IRS, Social Security or the County, etc.
Clearly mark the fraudulent transactions. Do not use highlighter.
Business contacted to obtain video if the activation occurred in person.
Send documents to the Financial Crimes Unit:
- Mail to the Fresno Police Department, Financial Crimes Unit, 2326 Fresno St., Fresno, CA. 93721
- Scan and Email to FinancialCrimes@fresno.gov
- Fax to 559 621-6332 … fax machines may degrade the copy. Be sure you are using a clean or high quality machine.
Go directly to the FPD online reporting site!