Fresno Police Department
Criminal Identity Theft
The Financial institution or business where an account was established should be able to help you obtain information. The requested information may not be applicable to your particular offense. Provide as much information as possible.
Your report should include all information regarding:
- How did you learn about the offense?
- How was your information used?
- When was your information used?
- What information was used, name, social security, drivers license, etc?
- Was all this information used correct?
- Was a citation issued? If so, what agency issued the citation and what is the number
- Was a warrant issued? Were you arrested?
- Any idea who used your information? And why
- Details how you believe the suspect obtained your information.
- Does anyone else know your personal information?
- Did you give anyone permission to use your information?
- If the offense is occurring out of State, and your testimony is necessary in person for prosecution, are you willing to travel to assist with prosecution?
- Anything else that you believe is important.
Supporting documents and victim assistance is necessary for the Fresno Police Department to investigate your case.
- PC 530.8 form completed, and signed
- Copy of your Drivers License or State issued Identification card
- Supporting documents, such as a copy of the citation, court papers, etc.
Send documents to the Financial Crimes Unit:
- Mail to the Fresno Police Department, Financial Crimes Unit, 2326 Fresno St., Fresno, CA. 93721
- Scan and Email to FinancialCrimes@fresno.gov
- Fax to 559 621-6332 … fax machines may degrade the copy. Be sure you are using a clean or high quality machine.
Back to ID theft Home