Fresno Police Department
Credit Card Offenses
The transaction is critical: The Credit Card Company or Financial Institution can help you obtain information.
Your report should include all information regarding:
1. How did you learn about the offense?
2. Name and phone number of fraud specialist assisting you;
3. Be specific if this is a Credit card or a Debit card;
4. Your card number, to include the type of card, who issued it, and the account number.
5. Where the card was used: Include the business name and address, date, time amount and the transaction number;
6. Items purchased online or catalog, additional names included or address where the item shipped;
7. If a PIN is attached to the card, does anyone know your PIN?
8. Any idea who the suspect is? And why. If so, include name, date of birth or age, address, etc
9. Do you still have the card in your possession?
10. Details how you believe the suspect obtained your information
Could the card have been borrowed and returned?
Are you expecting a card in the mail?
Could your card have been skimmed (copied)?
11. Anything else that you believe is important.
Supporting documents and victim assistance is necessary for the Fresno Police Department to investigate your case. Due to the overwhelming caseload, the Financial Crimes Unit may not even look at your case to determine if your case will be worked unless we get the necessary supporting documents at the Financial Crimes Unit.
- PC 530.8 form completed, and signed
- Supporting documents such as your statements. Clearly mark the fraudulent transactions. Do not use highlighter.
- Business contacted to obtain video
If the business has a relationship with Fresno PD, fax or email the completed designated form to the Financial Crimes Unit.
Send documents to the Financial Crimes Unit:
- Mail to the Fresno Police Department, Financial Crimes Unit, 2326 Fresno St., Fresno, CA. 93721
- Scan and Email to FinancialCrimes@fresno.gov
- Fax to 559 621-6332 … fax machines may degrade the copy. Be sure you are using a clean or high quality machine.
Go directly to the FPD online reporting site!