Fresno Police Department
The transaction is critical: This is where the check was cashed. Your bank can help by interpreting the stamps on the back.
Your report should include all information regarding:
- How did you learn about the offense?
- Your checking information, to include your bank name and account number;
- How was the check altered?
- What was the original information?
- Was your signature forged?
- If the check was unlawfully duplicated, how was the check different from your actual checks?
- Name of the Payee (who the check made out to);
- Where the check was cashed, include Business name / Address or Business number / date / time / Amount;
- Anything else written on the check (CDL number / info on the memo line)?
- Details what you did with the check and how you believe the suspect obtained the check;
- If your check was stolen from the mail, where did you mail the check?
- Any idea who the suspect is? And why. If so, include name, date of birth or age, address, etc
- Anything else that you believe is important.
Supporting documents and victim assistance is necessary for the Fresno Police Department to investigate your case. Due to the overwhelming caseload, the Financial Crimes Unit may not even look at your case to determine if your case will be worked unless we get the necessary supporting documents at the Financial Crimes Unit.
PC 530.8 form completed, and signed.
Copies of the checks, front and back
Business contacted to obtain video: We have developed forms to provide to the businesses. Take the form with you and ask them to provide the evidence
- If the business has a relationship with Fresno PD, fax or email the completed designated form to the Financial Crimes Unit.
Send documents to the Financial Crimes Unit:
Mail to the Fresno Police Department, Financial Crimes Unit, 2326 Fresno St., Fresno, CA. 93721
- Scan and Email to FinancialCrimes@fresno.gov
- Fax to 559 621-6332 … fax machines may degrade the copy. Be sure you are using a clean or high quality machine.
Go directly to the FPD online reporting site!