Geographic Information System - GIS
The Information Services Department acts as the main support resource for City’s Geographic Information Systems users. Along with daily maintenance of many of the City’s GIS layers, GIS staff act as a resource and support unit for other GIS development within the City. ISD GIS staff also act as the primary liaison with the other regional GIS producers and users. ISD GIS staff produce many reports and maps and provide geospatial information to City Council Members, the City Managers office and other departments by request.
- Interactive Mapping
- Install, monitor and maintain the hardware, database, operating and application software, and toolsets on GIS servers
- One-on-one training on the use of GIS tools to extract and analyze geographic data and produce products containing that data for use by the City and it’s citizens.
- Perform special studies and spatial data analysis upon request.
- Maintain annual software support agreements.
- Setup of all user profiles and security.
- Production of maps by request.
- Loads data from other sources for use by the City, such as aerial photos, current Assessor Map pages, tract and parcel maps and data.
- Create and maintain environments for testing GIS functionality and patches.
- Development of query tools and application for on-screen GIS data validation.