Fresno Fire Department
Station No. 4
Constructed in 1948 and located at 3065 East Iowa near First. Station No. 4 houses a single engine company. This massive structure once housed up to five major pieces of fire apparatus, and a compliment of up to 16 firefighters. Attached to the back of the station is a handball court, an amenity one would be hard pressed to include in a fire station blueprint today. Budget cuts over the years have left this cavernous engine house with a crew of four. Station 4 has within it’s jurisdiction the Fresno Community Hospital.
Engine No. 4 - The engine is operated by a crew of four.