Right of Way & Special Districts
The Right of Way and Special Districts Section manages various aspects related to public right of way, as well as the formation of underground utility districts.
The rights-of-way issues managed by the Right of Way and Utility Districts Section include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of right-of-way deed documents
- Review of right-of-way documents prepared by others for technical correctness
- Recordation of deed documents
- Vacation of public services easement and public street right-of-ways
- Processing Encroachment Permits and Covenants (Please note for a Street Work Permit click here)
- Right of way and property determination for Capital Improvement projects
- Answering Inquiries regarding existing right-of-ways
The Right of Way and Utility Districts Section is also charged with the management of the CPUC Rule 20A underground program.