Home Improvement Program
|Contact Us |
|Mark Scott, Interim Director|
2600 Fresno St
Targeted Area Rehabilitation Program
The Targeted Area Rehabilitation Program provides a grant to low-income, owner-occupied households to make needed repairs and improvements to their homes. Funds for the grant program are made available through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The maximum allowable amount for a rehabilitation grant is $65,000.
Below please find: Eligibility Requirements; Eligible Improvement Items; and How to Apply.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS APPLICANTS
- Must reside in one of the targeted areas.
- Must reside in a low-income household.
- Provide proof of owner occupancy in the home to be rehabilitated.
Applicants must qualify as low-income households, based
on gross monthly total household income and family size.
(See chart below).
2015 INCOME LIMITS
1 PERSON - $2,654
2 PEOPLE - $3,033
3 PEOPLE - $3,412
4 PEOPLE - $3,791
5 PEOPLE - $4,095
6 PEOPLE - $4,400
7 PEOPLE - $4,704
8 OR MORE PEOPLE - $5,008
- Property to be rehabilitated must be a single-family home or condominium located within a targeted area.
- Property to be rehabilitated cannot have an after-rehabilitation value that exceeds established program limits.
ELIGIBLE IMPROVEMENT ITEMS
OTHER ELIGIBLE IMPROVEMENTS
HOW TO APPLY
The City is currently working in certain areas of Fresno,
and residents will be notified if they are in one of
those qualifying areas. The application process will
be explained to them at that time.
Contact the City of Fresno Housing and Community
Development Division for additional informaton at (559)