Personnel Services
School Accreditation
Contact Us
Jeff Cardell, Director
2600 Fresno Street
Room 1030
(559) 621-6950
E-Mail Us
Department Home

The City of Fresno often requires a degree or completed units from an accredited college or university in order to qualify for various positions. In order to be accredited, the school accreditation must be received from the recognized list of accreditation associations of higher learning maintained by the U.S. Secretary of Education.

Honorary degrees or degrees which do not include a prescribed and completed course of study through an accredited institution of higher learning are not accepted.

School transcripts or proof of degree is to be provided with application materials when indicated on the official job announcement, or at time requested by the appointing authority.

To see if your school is accredited through the U.S. Secretary of Education, please visit: