Complaint Process
Contact Us
Bruce Rudd, City Manager
2600 Fresno Street
Room 2064
Fresno, CA 93721
(559) 621-7770
E-Mail Us
Department Home

Community members may lodge a complaint with the police department by phone, in-person, in writing, or by completing the online complaint form HERE.

Or, you may lodge a written complaint with the OIR and it will be forwarded to the Internal Affairs Division of the police department. Additionally, you may obtain a complaint form from any one of these community centers and mail it in.

After you file a complaint, the Internal Affairs unit of the police department will perform the investigation according to existing PD protocol. Internal Affairs will send confirmation letter or make direct contact acknowledging receipt of the complaint.

When an investigation is initiated, complainants will be provided with a Receipt for Personnel Complaint by Internal Affairs that includes the case number assigned to the complaint, the date the complaint was taken and the name of the assigned investigating Sergeant. Upon completion of the investigation the Sergeant will notify you of the results.

Although the OIR mandatorily audits specific cases and monitors the Inquiries and Complaints Log every month, if you wish to discuss the results of the Internal Affairs investigation, you may contact our office.