Plan Check & Permit Services
The Plan Check and Permit Section provides a variety of services including:
  • Street Work Permits (Encroachment Permits & Covenants)
  • Plan Check of Street Improvements
  • Property Line Location Assistance
  • Sewer and Water Main Line Information Assistance

Street Work Permits are used to allow construction work in the public right-of-way.  This includes work such as (but not limited to):

  • Sewer Lateral installation or repair
  • Drive Approach installation or repair
  • Landscaping with in the right-of-way
  • Street Improvements
  • Sidewalk installation or repair
  • Curb and Gutter work

These permits are issued to licensed contractors only.  Typically, a plan showing the work proposed is required, as well as fees and surety to ensure the proper completion of the work.

In order to obtain a Street Work Permit, you will need:

  • Contractor's License
  • Proof of General Liability Insurance
  • Proof of Automobile Liability Insurance
  • Proof of Workers Compensation Insurance
  • Signed Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement
  • $25,000 Streetwork and Excavation Bond

Example of requirements in pdf format.

Contacts:   James Cozad
                    Engineer I