City Businesses To Receive Mayor Autry Business Recycling Award
Local businesses are scheduled to receive Mayor Autry’s Business Recycling Award during the City Council meeting Tuesday, November 14 at 8:30 a.m.
The annual Mayor’s Business Recycling Award program was created to publicly recognize those commercial businesses that actively support recycling in the workplace. As the City strives for 50% waste reduction required by State mandate AB 939 , commercial businesses can greatly enhance the city’s recycling efforts.
The following diverse businesses will be recognized for their recycling programs:
- Fiesta Foods (Grocery Store)
- E & J Gallo Winery (Manufacturing)
- Calaveras Materials Inc. (Construction)
- Fresno County Office of Education (School/Govt.)
- OK Produce (Wholesale & Distributor)
- La Tapatia Tortilleria (Manufacturing)
- Dan Gamel’s Health & Racquet Club (Service Industry)
- Park Terrace Apartments (Apartments)
- Standard Plumbing Supply (Retail)
- Cali’s Frozen Custard (Restaurant)
- Eye-Q Vision Care (Medical)
- Cameron Park (Apartments)
- Bullard Pharmacy (Retail)
- Wesley United Methodist (Church)
- Cynthia Merrill School of Performing Arts (School)
- People’s Church (Church)
To qualify for a Mayor’s Business Recycling Award, a business must be located within the city limits of Fresno and must demonstrate strong recycling and waste reduction efforts. Criteria to qualify for an award must include three major elements:
- A demonstrated effort to actively implement recycling throughout the business.
- Demonstration of at least 50% recycling, through cubic yard or tonnage evaluation.
- Demonstrated effort to buy recycled content products and to promote waste reduction in the workplace.
Media is encouraged to join us as these business leaders are congratulated for their commitment to recycling and improving our environment. A reception will follow the awards presentation.
Information about the City’s recycling programs will be available in the Lobby at that time, or by contacting Robert Gedert, City of Fresno Solid Waste Division at 559-621-1878.
CONTACT: Rhonda Jorn, Public Affairs Officer (559) 621-7777
# # #
Fresno, a culture of excellence where people get the best every day.