City of Fresno Urges Businesses In Enterprise Zone Program to Understand Impact of Program’s Elimination
– The City of Fresno today encouraged businesses currently utilizing the Enterprise Zone Program to make sure they understand issues resulting from the elimination of the program on Jan. 1, 2014.
If you are currently utilizing the Enterprise Zone Program, or are considering whether it would be a benefit to your business, here is what you need to know:
- If you have already hired an employee and obtained an Enterprise Zone Hiring Tax Credit Voucher Certificate, you may continue to accrue tax credits for that employee for up to five years, and you may carry them forward for up to 10 years.
- While only employees hired through Dec. 31, 2013, can quality, the City has until Dec. 31, 2014, to process Enterprise Zone Hiring Tax Credit Voucher applications. The deadline for submitting these applications to the City of Fresno is Oct. 1, 2014.
The City of Fresno will continue to hold workshops to explain the benefits of this valuable program as well as the Governor’s new “Economic Development Initiative,” which will replace the current Enterprise Zone Program on January 1, 2014.
The workshops are scheduled for:
- Thursday, Nov. 14, Greater Fresno Area Chamber of Commerce, 2331 Fresno St., 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 5, Workforce Connection – Manchester Mall, 3302 N. Blackstone Ave., Room 209, 3:30 p.m.
If you have questions, or would like to sign up for a workshop, please contact Incentive Zone Manager Kelly Trevino at (559) 621-8426 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, instructions, and forms, please visit our website at www.fresnoez.com
# # #