Starting A Business In Fresno
Fresno Start Up
Are you thinking of starting a business? The City of Fresno is here to help. We offer the Fresno Start-Up Guide as a free resource to help future business owners get started on the right track.
This guide will help future business owners:
- Get Started
- Build their Business Plan
- Choose their Business Structure
- Register Their Business
- Provide all Tax and Licensing Information both at the local, state and federal levels
- Give helpful tools to guide future business owners on hiring employees, leveraging resources and keep up with ongoing registration requirements.
- Provide contact information for all local, state and federal agencies
Fresno Start Up Guide Spanish and English
License, Permits and Taxes
When starting a business it is imperative to make sure all questions are answered and all of the proper forms are filled out to start your business in Fresno.
This link will help future business owners acquire:
- Tax Certificates
- Business License Code Certificates
- Business License & Tax Certificate Applications
- New Business License Certificate
- City of Fresno Planning and Development Permits on-line
- Street Work and Utility Permits
Licenses, Permits & Taxes
Apply for a Fictitious Business Name
This must be done through the County of Fresno
Financial Advice and Loan Programs
Regardless of what kind of business you are starting, the City of Fresno is here to offer assistance every step of the way. Through the City of Fresno we offer a number of loan programs that range from buying equipment to real estate, to loans needed for acquisition or expansion of businesses already here. In addition to conventional loan programs the City of Fresno also offers award-winning incentive programs that have been specifically detailed and organized for the needs of our area business owners.
City of Fresno Loan Programs