Incentive Zones & Tax Credits
Visit our Incentive Zone Address Locator
to find out which zones your business may qualify for!LOCAL INCENTIVES Watch -Incentive Zone Manager Kelly Trevino explains the federal, state and local zones available to businesses.
The City of Fresno Enterprise Zone
If your business is located within this area you can receive:
• Tax credits for hiring eligible employees (up to $37,440 per employee!)
• Sales & use tax credits for purchases of qualified new machinery, equipment or pollution control devices
• Business expense deductions
• Net operating loss carryovers
• Net interest deductions (for lenders)
For more information on this zone, or to see if you qualify, please visit: Enterprise Zone
Foreign Trade Zone
Through utilization of a FTZ, imported material avoids any Customs duties under the following scenarios:
• Any previously-imported material re-exported
• Rejected, scrapped, destroyed, waste, or returned-to-vendor material
• Sales to companies operating in other U.S. FTZs. (There are nearly 2500 companies utilizing FTZ’s and nearly 250 manufacturing subzones.)
For more information on this zone, or to see if you quality, please visit:
Foreign Trade Zone
Historically Underutilized Business Zone,
Operated by the Small Business Association:
Small businesses must meet the following criteria:
• Must be a small business by SBA size standards.
• Principal office must by located within a HUBZone, which includes land on federally recognized Indian reservations.
• Must be owned and controlled by one or more U.S. citizens, Community Development Corporation or Indian Tribe.
• At least 35% of the employees must reside in a HUBZone.
For more information on this zone, or to see if you quality, please visit: HUB Zone
Back to Downtown and Community Revitalization Home
Downtown and Community Revitalization Division
2600 Fresno Street, Room 2156-02
Fresno, CA 93721
Was this website helpful to you? Please take a moment to complete this quick 5 question survey.